Warren Buffet is one of the wealthiest men in the world and one of the smartest investors of all time. This man knows how to manage his money, and is the man that everyone else listens to. You may have heard his quote “tax me more” talking about how he felt that he and the rest of the wealthiest 1% should be contributing more to the system to resolve the current crisis. He seems to feel that if you are as successful as he is, that the loopholes allowing people to get around paying taxes are unjust and unethical.
So far everything I have seen about this man makes me like him more. He is smart, responsible, acts and speaks with ethics, and leads by example. I think we should be listening to, and actively supporting his ideas.
His Five minute plan addresses how he would end the deficit and make changes to the system that coddles our elected officials, and I for one agree. See for yourself, Warren Buffett’s five minute plan to end the defincit and share your thoughts.
“I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,” Warren Buffett, told CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only three months and eight days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971…before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land, all because of public pressure.”
Warren Buffet is asking if you agree with his Congressional Reform Act of 2011 to share it in whatever way you can with a minimum of twenty people; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
“*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their terms, then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!”
If you agree with the above, please pass it on.
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter